Saturday, November 04, 2006

Let's go to the punk rock Mercy Me show

While checking referrals to this site a couple of weeks ago, I came across an interesting observation from blogger Patrick O'Connell about something he saw at a Christian concert. He writes:
The ExploitedWhile at the Mercy Me show on Saturday I spotted a teenage girl wearing a black leather jacket with The Exploited painted on the back in white and red. Now for those of you who don't know, The Exploited are a punk rock band from Scotland who were absolutely my favorite during more rebellious years. I thought it sort of funny that this young girl, decked out in black combat boots, ripped candy-- striped pantyhose, with black and yellow hair should was standing in the lobby of Life Changers during a Mercy Me concert. It was this juxtaposition of punk and Jesus that has interested me for awhile.

... I have long sensed the tremendous similarities to my former punk rock ideology and the Jesus theology that has saved me and thought that it might make for a good book. I am disappointed Careaga beat me to it but delighted that he's taken up the thesis and writing about it.
I just found it interesting to read about this sighting. Mercy Me is not what most people would consider a Christian punk band. You just never know where a punk is going to show up next. I can only imagine.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home