Thursday, December 21, 2006

Remembering Joe Strummer

Four years ago tomorrow -- on Dec. 22, 2002 -- Joe Strummer, the political sound and fury of the Clash, died at age 50. The man was the Elvis of punk rock. I should probably write a fitting tribute about the man here, but I think my introduction to Never Mind the Bibles is probably tribute enough.

But just in case it ain't:

Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros perform "Rudie Can't Fail (YouTube) -- for Rockstar Mommy.

Joe Strummer and the Mascaleros perform "White Man (in Hammersmith Palais)" (YouTube) -- for Tesco.

Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Silver and Gold.mp3, from the greatest posthumous album ever, Streetcore -- for me.

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

Incredible! I cannot believe it has been four years. I first read that and thought, "No way", but of course, you are correct. What a loss. Here's remembering Mr. Mellor. And I dig that New York mural pic, thanks.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Yeah, that mural rocks.

AC

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home